Mitsubishi Electric Identifies ARRA-Eligible ProductsPosted by EcoFriendly
Mitsubishi Electric Identifies ARRA-Eligible Products
CYPRESS, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mitsubishi Electric U.S. Group Holdings has identified its energy, building services and transportation products and technologies that may qualify for federal stimulus funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). The products include power generation and transmission; rail transportation; heating and cooling; elevators and escalators; solar panels; water treatment; display technologies; and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
With sales, engineering, and manufacturing locations throughout the United States, the Mitsubishi Electric U.S. companies are especially well-positioned to assist with infrastructure modernization projects.
“Substantial funds are being invested in key ARRA projects to modernize federal, state, and local facilities; create smart grids to efficiently meet growing energy needs; apply alternative power sources like solar and wind; build high-speed rail lines; and rebuild water infrastructure systems,” said Roger Barna, chairman of Mitsubishi Electric’s North American Business Development group. “We’re pleased to offer a range of product solutions that are very relevant to the goals of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
“We’ve maintained a solid presence in the United States for more than 35 years and also believe strongly that our U.S. workers, products and technologies are positioned to make significant contributions toward rebuilding our social infrastructure and assisting in the transition to a clean energy economy.”
Mitsubishi Electric has been a key provider of energy infrastructure to U.S. electric utilities for decades, and is the preferred provider of thousands of business and property owners for energy-efficient climate control systems, elevators and escalators, power supplies and controls. Through a variety of products, Mitsubishi Electric U.S. contributes to energy efficiency and long-term cost savings in high-performance green buildings, school and data center modernizations, education facilities, low-income housing, federal buildings, and more.
Mitsubishi Electric’s ARRA-eligible offerings include:
* High-efficiency solar panels that use 100% lead-free solder
* Inverter-driven, energy-efficient, split-ductless Mr. Slim, City Multi and Lossnay heating, cooling and energy recovery ventilation systems
* Non-toxic, chemical-free ozone water treatment systems for industry and municipalities of all sizes, including packaged, portable systems for smaller cities
* Redundant uninterruptible power supplies that manage energy usage and ensure maximum cost-efficiency
* High-voltage electricity transmission and distribution equipment including power circuit breakers, transformers, gas-insulated substations for cities and utilities
* Machine-room-less and inverter driven elevators that save space and actually generate electricity during operation
* Building automation systems that help reduce energy consumption and waste
* Inverter-based rail propulsion, train management and climate control systems that are already used in U.S. commuter rail cars and high-speed rail networks worldwide
* Energy-efficient display and projection technologies that deliver stunning images using comparatively low power and environmentally friendly materials
Mitsubishi Electric’s U.S. companies are members of leading environmental or quality assurance organizations including the U.S. Green Building Council, AHRI and ASHRAE, and many of its products have been certified by, or meet the standards of, EnergyStar, RoHS, LEED, SEER, ISO9001, ISO14001 and QS-9000.
The corporation has also strengthened its commitment to the environment through its “Environmental Vision 2021 Plan.” Vision 2021 offers a framework that defines long-term initiatives to realize a sustainable society, setting 2021 as the target year and commemorating Mitsubishi Electric’s 100th anniversary as a formal entity. Vision 2021 ensures Mitsubishi Electric U.S. will develop cost-effective and efficient products now and well into the future.